What is Wine Folly?
Wine = Science + Art
Wine Folly is a content site devoted to wine knowledge and appreciation. Our mission is to allow people to gain a deeper understanding of wine through learning.
The goal is for more people to view wine, not just as an adult beverage, but as a way to explore the world and ourselves.
- Wine Folly first launched in 2011 in Seattle, Washington. It was created by Justin Hammack, Madeline Puckette, and Chad Wasser.
- In 2015, we launched our first book, Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine – a New York Times bestseller!
- In 2018, we launched our second book, Wine Folly: Magnum Edition, The Master Guide – a James Beard award winner!
- In 2019, we merged with Global Wine Database in order to help improve wine information worldwide. Say hello to Folly Enterprises!
- In 2021 we started publishing our Region Guides which combines the simplicity and fun of Wine Folly and the depth of data from Global Wine Database.